Diaphragm wall pile construction
In the construction process, especially high-rise buildings or basement constructions, people often use diaphragm wall construction. This solution has a stable or waterproof function and can be used as a waterproofing wall or enclosure wall for the structures. People often use concrete walls or reinforced concrete walls, materials that are resistant to deformation and are almost waterproof. Its quality depends on the structure of the diaphragm wall. Therefore, implementing methods for diaphragm wall is important to the construction units.
Diaphragm wall is a type of reinforced concrete wall poured at the construction site. The diaphragm wall is constructed by excavating the soil to form a deep hole of a pre-calculated size, the excavation process is usually supported by fluid, either Bentonite or Polymer, to avoid wall collapse and prevent water from overflowing into the holes. After digging and cleaning the hole, the steel cage will be lowered and execute the concrete work to complete the wall.
Diaphragm walls are often used in urban areas or those where deep excavation is required. Therefore, the diaphragm wall is very suitable for projects with deep basements, underground stations … The diaphragm wall can be constructed nearby existing works and in limited space.
- Small noise and vibration during construction;
- Diaphragm walls can be constructed to great depths, suitable for many different geological conditions;
- The diaphragm wall forms a temporary support system during basement construction, reducing the cost of using systems;
- The diaphragm wall forms a good waterproof system, so lowering the water level during construction will be minimized or not needed;
- Diaphragm walls form a layer outside the basement or foundations, increasing stability